Sunday 25 January 2015

Durarara!!x2 Shou Season 2 Episode 3 デュラララ!!×2 承 Anime Review

Ruri & Kasuka

That opening song (and ending credit's song) is starting to grow on me, I mean, I kinda had mixed reaction after I heard it for the first time thanks to those previous two openings of the last season setting out an ridiculous standards to overcome but now it's definitely growing on me. So moving on, this episode, a lot of set-up, plot building, story retelling from different prospective but it was how all of it was executed that makes this series so unique and well known for.

Basically, the majority of this episode was based on Shinra telling those mafias who he ended up caged in a black ball. We get some development on that murder case as it is revealed that the murderer was Ruri, who is introduced to us in this episode. We also find out that those mafias were actually looking for Ruri and not Celty. At the moment we don't know a lot about her but one thing is for sure, she is somehow like Celty when it comes to supernatural powers and stuff as Shinra mentioned about her healing powers in this episode. Besides that, she is very lonely and that somehow just links up with Shizou's brother, Kasuka who is revealed as someone who is very detached from the human society and takes up all the roles in movies and stuff and literally acts in them like put those personality masks on to feel human emotions which he lacks but when he is not acting he's like a robot, speaking with no emotions whatsoever.


So coming back to Ruri, she was born into a wealthy family but all of their wealth, her parents, their big house and basically everything was wiped out. Then she became a sensational Singing Idol ( Note that the song that she is shown singing in this episode is the same song which played when Mikado, Anri, Walker and Erika were at the karaoke booth. yeah, my ears pay to much attention I guess :P ), an famous make-up artist. Basically she's on roll. Last season, besides our star of the show Celty, we had Saika under supernatural human's list who was possessed by spirit and stuff and now we have Ruri, I really don't know what she is, like is she a zombie or something? I mean it's for sure she is not like Saika being possessed by a spirit or such cause she states that she is aware of what she is doing but she can't control herself, slash that she might be possessed by a spirit, we never know. Another interesting note that she said "them" during Kasuka and her scene so does that mean she targets only specific people? are there similar people like her around? 

I said this in my previous episode's review but I'll say it again, those twins, some of the best new characters I've seen so far this season. They kiss each other, have opposite personalities, create a wonderful atmosphere around them, what else do you want? Oh don't forget they're are ridiculously dangerous. Coming towards the end of this review, we finally get to see my man, Semyon! I missed this guy so much. Apparently Egor, who was an old alley of the manager or the owner of that Russian Shushi restaurant back in Russia was hired by Shinra's father to apprehend a certain woman, Ruri cause he, Shinra's father is shown to have interest in all of such bizarre and mystical cases like that of Celty. We are also shown the return of yellow scarf as they approach Mikado plus, various bike gangs chasing Celty to capture her and get the bounty. So many arcs! 

Overall an enjoyable episode, some might feel it's rushed but this cour only has 12 episode so it's likely to be rushed a bit but again, as long as they can maintain the same level of brilliance last season had then I suppose there's no problem. What do you think? let me know in comments below. Thank you for reading this anime review, have a wonderful day or night wherever you live! Links to this episode are available in download section

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! And the songs are starting to grow in me or on me XD But I liked the opening song more than the ending because the animations and the music fits in very well just like form the last season. Kasuka is a cool guy and I'm happy that we get to see him more in this season. I think when Ruri said "them", I think she meant the mafia guys that were and still after her.^^/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! lol yea I corrected it, thanks for the heads up :P I agree with the opening song and Kasuka's character development we got this season :D Oh, I actually thought she might have referred to those mafias but then I remembered that at the start of the 2nd episode, Ruri (in her monster outfit) was fighting against Egor ( before they both were sent flying away by Shizou lol ) and as revealed in this episode, Egor was working for Shinra's father. I'm not sure whether Egor works for those mafias or not. So if they reveal that Shinra's father hired those mafias along with Egor then everything will make sense. This is why I love DRRR :3

      Delete